Friday, August 15, 2008

Maiden Voyage

I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit my new blog! This is my maiden voyage into the world of blogging and I hope to be more successful than the Titanic's maiden voyage although I probably won’t be considered historically significant in quite the same way.

I intent to use this blog as a way to explore critical thinking and analysis, express my opinions in a (sometimes) well-thought out manner and to pass on information to my readers which I find relevant to those living in the Yo and the Valley. As well, I hope to educate individuals about my life, thoughts, and opinions so they can pilfer through my ramblings to see what they can take away that will be valuable to them. I imagine my blog to be a hob-glob of random thoughts, stream-of-consciousness thought patterns, and occasionally the well-intended and edited formal intellectual conversations.

A little history about myself: I grew up the youngest of 3 brothers in the small farming community of Lordstown in Trumbull county. I am a graduate of Youngstown State University with a degree in psychology. Shortly after graduation, I moved across country to Phoenix, AZ, where I met the love of my life, Louis, and we started our family together when we got our first dog, Charlie.

After living in Phoenix for a year, we moved together to Orlando where we were residents for a year. Due to family health concerns, we ended up back in Ohio. We lived in Lordstown for a couple of years, but bought a house in the Yo and have been residents here for 3 years, hence the title of my blog “City Limits”. We have since acquired two additional pups, Sofia & Lucy, to round out our family of 5.

We are learning to enjoy life in the Yo and are becoming community activists through our various involvements and connections. We are both involved in the Mahoning Valley Pride Center, YSUnity (YSU’s gay-straight alliance), PFLAG (Parents, Friends & Families of Lesbians and Gays), and are allies to the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Youngstown. In addition, we belong to Equality Ohio and the Human Rights Campaign.

This is just a small glimpse into my world. I look forward to future blogs relating to things such as: the term “Pro-Mo”, family, friends, relationships, LGBT identity, activism, life in the Yo and anything that inspires me in between!



5 comments:

Accent Media, LLC said...

Welcome to the Pro-Yo Blog Experience. As a spokesman for Accent Media, I keep to the fringe and "lurk" and admire all of the great people in the Valley that are trying to make it a better place, and post mostly about our company with occasional other posts that interest me about the Valley. Personally, I really enjoy being an active reader and sometimes commenter in the blogosphere, and have many interests that are fun to read about. I wish you well Brian, you will find it fulfilling and frustrating, inspiring, and wanting to just take a break, but it's great to have another voice added to the mix.

Unknown said...

Hey Brian!

It's John Clay. I just figured I'd drop by and say hey now that you have a blog. I'll put a link to mine down below in case you or Lewis ever feel like spying on me or some such. Latta!

http://tyrror.insanejournal.com/

Ja ne

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian! The blog looks great. I predict great success for the maiden voyage. I look forward to the future posts because Im sure your blog will be just as entertaining as live Brian! Im going to add you to my blogroll right now.

Anonymous said...

I forgot. I think you might know and like this blog for your blogroll~

http://acommonbook.wordpress.com/

Debra Weaver said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm linking you to my blog at www.youngstownmoxie.blogspot.com. I look forward to reading your analysis of the many happenings in the city limits.